Bible quotes for thought

Posted by Bushel Basket in , ,

I really don't have much to say. Not that there isn't a lot to talk about: the war in Gaza, the upcoming inauguration of President Obama, the economy, etc. I'm just not moved to speak of any of those things today. In the case of the war in Gaza, well, I'm despondent about the whole thing, but not optimistic that Israel will declare a ceasefire. The economy is dependent on the new administration, which won't even be in their offices for two more weeks, let alone everyone getting approved by the Congress.

Instead, I'll list some recent Bible quotes that have fallen in my lap this past week.

As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. - Proverbs 27:17 NKJV

But some one will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith. - James 2:18 RSV

Behold, you desire truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part you shall make me to know wisdom. - Psalm 51:6 American King James Version

What quotations, scripture or otherwise, have fallen in your laps recently? Leave yours in the comments.



Creative Commons License

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 11, 2009 at Sunday, January 11, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment