fun with deer, sadness with ribs

Posted by Bushel Basket in

Why I love where I live\work.

Last night, I was doing my laundry at the camp's machines (as my new washer and dryer aren't here yet), talking to a friend on my cell phone. I look up, and there's three deer in the middle of the camp. Gently walking by. They are checking me out, but not overly nervous. Not being able to resist, I chased after them, like seagulls on the beach. Those three, and two more I hadn't been able to make out in the dusk, all take off.

Shortly after, I'm walking around the camp, and I come across a few more deer. These I approach slowly. They don't take off, in fact, one comes closer. I get within 20 feet of them. It was tremendous.

Why I'm sad to not be closer to friends.

The freezer in the kitchen went out today, thawing some of the food. We were able to save most of it, but decided to ditch most of the meat as a precaution. There were two sides of ribs which had thawed, but were still cold. I got to take them home. Now, I'm all ready to grill out. Now, I just need friends nearby to grill out with. I'm in a beautiful location, near good brewers and vinters, but it gets kinda lonely.

On to match.com.....


Creative Commons License

This entry was posted on Saturday, May 9, 2009 at Saturday, May 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

sigh
I want to visit again soon. This week is busy. Maybe next week.

May 11, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Speaking of engagement rings….
http://pastexpiry.blogspot.com/2009/05/cartoon-engagement-ring.html
Past Expiry Cartoon *LINK*

May 25, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Post a Comment