Now more ways to get your daily recommended allowance of my blog!

Posted by Bushel Basket in

I have gotten some feedback, particularly from my myspace friends, about how it's now more of a hassle to read my blog postings than before, when myspace would take care of automatic notifications. Frankly, I never knew you cared. :)

In an effort to make life easier for those of us who are not uber cyber-saavy, I thought I'd take some time to point out the topmost entry in the right hand column of my blog, "Other Ways to Get My Blog." You will see two different things, a link to the blog's rss feed and a new feature, a way to sign up for email notifications when my blog is updated. You can use either of these to be notified when I make a new entry.

Many of you don't know what a rss feed is. If you want the full explanation, go to wikipedia, but the short and dirty explanation is that by using rss feeds you can set up a personalized list of sites that you frequent that will notify you when something is updated. There are many services that will help you set this up, including yahoo mail, google mail, the Firefox internet browser, and a whole host of other services out there. When you go to a webpage, if you see an icon that looks like this Photobucket on the right side of the address bar, you can get an RSS feed for that website. Personally, I use RSS feeds to get my daily dose of comics and keep track of other blogs.

If setting up RSS feeds isn't your bag, you can use the other feature that I've set up and receive updates via email. This services uses rss feeds, but the website www.sendmerss.com converts it to an email for you. I haven't used the service before, so please, let me know if you like it or not.

And now a polar bear:
Photobucket

Nom nom nom.





Creative Commons License

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at Tuesday, March 11, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

So how exactly is the bear going to bring me your posts?

March 11, 2008 at 12:29 PM

In a cask on it's neck, like a St. Bernard.

March 11, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Post a Comment